View Single Post
Old 24 December 2011, 04:11 PM

"In another Christmas story," ends the first chapter of Christopher Moore's The Stupidest Angel, "Dale Pearson, evil developer, self-absorbed woman hater, and seemingly unredeemable curmudgeon, might be visited in the night by a series of ghosts who, by showing him bleak visions of Christmas future, past, and present, would bring about in him a change to generosity, kindness, and a general warmth toward his fellow man. But," it concludes, "this is not that kind of Christmas story, so here, in not too many pages, someone is going to dispatch the miserable son of a bitch with a shovel."

Currently available for download from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and elsewhere for a mere $3.99, including some preview chapters from Moore's upcoming novel Sacre Bleu. The Stupidest Angel is possibly not the best introduction to Moore's work, being the third book of his "Pine Cove" works, and prominently featuring a character who starred in another book of his. But, it is a Christmas story of sorts. And, hey, $3.99!

(Sorry if I sound like a shill for Moore, but I sort of am, though I am not getting paid for it. I just thing the man is a NFBSKing genius and have been trying to get more people to read anything of his, with very, very little success. Trust me, dang it!)