View Single Post
Old 04 August 2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Evilpixie View Post
Do they have sex with their very young wives? I could see marrying a young girl but not having sexual relations with her until she's sixteen/eighteen as being not as icky-gross. It's still skeevy, but not as dangerous physically speaking.

They can marry them at any age, but age of 'adulthood' for females is 9 years old. Once they are 9, they may have sex with them. Here are some Islamic texts where the precedent (Sunnah) comes from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236

Narrated Hisham's father:

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consummated that marriage when she was nine years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88

Narrated 'Ursa:

The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
These hadith (narrations) are repeated many times with no variation on the ages of Muhamamd's wife Aisha. This means they are Mutawatir (corroborated) and of undeniable authenticity to Muslims. She was 6 years old when Muhammad engaged her, and 9 when he consummated the marriage.

The girls do not even have to have reached puberty!

When a Muslim man divorces his wife, she must wait an 'iddat (waiting period) before she re-marries in order to determine whether or not she is pregnant (so they know who to attribute the child to). This is usually measured by three menstrual cycles. If there is no menstrual cycle present, the answer is in the Quran in this verse:

From the Quran:

65:4: And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

65:4: واللائي لم يحضن" فعدتهن ثلاثة أش

Transliteration: Wa Al-Lā'ī Lam Yaĥiđna

Wa Al-Lā'ī Lam Yaĥiđna

wa ( وَ ) = and

Al-Lā'ī ( وَاللَّائِي ) = for those who

Lam ( لَمْ ) = did not (negation in past tense)

Yaĥiđna ( يَحِضْنَ ) = menstruate.

Yaĥiđna comes from the verbal root H-Y-D ( حيض ) which means "to menstruate".

The addition of prefix "Ya" and suffix "na" to the root "HYD" shows that the word is used in used in third person, feminine gender, plural, imperfective aspect.

The imperfective aspect, by itself lacks any tense feature. [1] The tensed negatives like lam ( لَمْ ) (negation in past tense), lan ( لن ) (negation in future tense), laa ( لَ ) (negation in present tense) combined with imperfectives decide the tense in this case.

Thus lam Yadrus = He did not study.

In the verse 65:4, Lam Yaĥiđna = 'those who did not menstruate'.

Therefore the verse reads: "and those who never had menses" (because they are underage)

More info here: http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Pedoph...n_the_Qur%27an

This becomes even clearer in this Hadith (narration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse).

Lastly, Quran 33:49 shows:

O ye who believe! When ye marry believing women, and then divorce them before ye have touched them, no period of 'Iddat have ye to count in respect of them: so give them a present. And set them free in a handsome manner.

So, 33:49 says No 'Iddat if no consummation. 65:4 says the 'Iddat for prepubescent girls is 3 months. Therefore the exact, literal, unchangeable word of Allah says its fine to marry and have sex with (a) Children (b)who can be pre-pubescent.

Muslims best example, their Prophet Muhammad also did it and said it was fine for others to do.

Sorry for all the information; I thought it was pertinent

-KC

Last edited by King_Crimson; 04 August 2007 at 01:42 AM.