View Single Post
Old 08 August 2017, 05:46 PM

Read This!

Quote:
"As far as I know," Damlore said, "I have a legal right to express my concerns about the terms and conditions of my working environment and to bring up potentially illegal behavior, which is what my document does. Before being fired, I submitted a charge to the National Labor Relations Board about how Google's upper management is misrepresenting and shaming me in order to silence my complaints. It's illegal to retaliate against a NLRB charge.

"I think what they did was illegal and I'm currently exploring all possible legal remedies," Damore said.
Classic. Do something that's going to get you fired, then fling some mud in the water by filing a complaint or blowing the whistle on something (with or without merit, if with merit, generally something minor like "my employer made me provide my own stapler and then my manager lost it after he asked to borrow it!") and scream "retaliation" when you are fired for that thing you did that totally should have gotten you fired and was much worse than what you're accusing the company of doing to you.

Generally, that's not how it works: you can sill be fired for misconduct, although I'm not sure who has the burden of proof in a dispute like this (the employee to prove they were fired in retaliation or the employer to prove they were fired independent of their supposedly protected complaint). Either way, I'm sure Google will manage.