View Single Post
Old 23 March 2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzfeld View Post
Woah. I finally read the actual story of the OP and saw a clip of the video. Usually in these cases, it turns out that the person in the headline was, in fact, not convicted for what was in the headline. But this conversation had gone on this far without anyone saying what was the actual alleged crime. So I thought, well, it may be true that he was convicted for a dog trick. Actually, he said very specific and, in my opinion, extremely offensive things (ie alleged hate speech) in that video and trained the dog to respond to those (implying that he said them over and over and over...).
Honestly, I get more and more on the fence with this one. On the one hand, itís entirely possible he likes crassly offensive comedy. On the other, heís now been pictured with Carl Benjamin and Paul Joseph Watson, who are bellends through and through.

Quote:
That stupid sitcom is no relation at all. Not even sure why it's been gratuitously added to the conversation. wth
It was an example of something that also skates on very thin ice. A lot of people back then saw it as trivialising something they still hadnít healed over (remember, Dadís Army and Hoganís Heroes never actually dealt with the war outside their one small part), so to see the FŁhrer as a buffoonish Ralph Kramden type was anathema.