View Single Post
Old 08 May 2018, 03:16 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. What action might be accompanied by a Mexican saying "bueno," a Spaniard saying "diga," or an Italian saying "pronto"?
A smile? This question makes no sense to me.
Quote:

2. What kind of undifferentiated plant tissue can be apical, lateral, or intercalary?
I might not even do as well as last week; I'm certainly off to a roaring start. Chlorophyll?
Quote:

3. Despite today's Apple-Google rivalry, two Google-owned properties were default pre-installed apps on the original iPhone. Name either.
Flickr, Maps. Maybe one of those is right.
Quote:

4. The album name and cover of the Minutemen's Double Nickels on the Dime, with Mike Watt driving exactly 55 miles per hour, was a jab at a 1984 hit by what rocker?
Sammy Hagar? I can't drive 55.
Quote:

5. The "classical period" of what ancient civilization revolved around the rivalry between the cities of Tikal and Calakmul?
Persia. In reality, I have no clue.
Quote:

6. The Basic Educational Opportunity Grants rolled out by the U.S. government in 1965 were named for what Rhode Island senator?
Well, it wasn't Cecil Rhodes. I think his name was Pell.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by these world capitals, listed in this order? Astana, Podgorica, Bishkek, Harare, Maputo, Malabo, Banjul, N'Djamena, Bandar Seri Begawan, Kinshasa, Bujumbura, Santo Domingo, Dushanbe, Jakarta, Ashgabat, Oslo.
If they hadn't thrown in Santo Domingo, Jakarta & Oslo, I could've said I'd never heard of any of them. I'm not even going to try to answer this.

Seaboe