View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 03:22 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. What unusual effect is produced by photographing a scene with the selective focus technique called "tilt-shift"?
Sun dogs.
Quote:

2. Two Korean family names are so common that one in every three South Koreans has one of them. Name either of the two most common Korean surnames.
Kim
Quote:

3. What kind of body tissue is affected by myopathy?
nerve tissue
Quote:

4. What host, whose show originated in Dayton, Ohio in 1967, had the top-rated daytime talk show in America until Oprah Winfrey dethroned him in 1986?
Phil Donahue.
Quote:

5. According to the title of his latest album, Justin Timberlake is a "Man of" what unexpected locale?
Showing how little I know about Mr. Timberlake, he's a man of the moon.
Quote:

6. What successor weapon to the catapult takes its name from the French word for "to overthrow"?
Menopause brain. As soon as I went to type the answer, it fled my brain. I'm going to say trebuchet because that's the only thing that comes to mind (although it's wrong). ETA: I guess I should trust my subconscious more.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these teams? Boston Braves, Brooklyn Dodgers, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Senators.
Are they the only non-expansion teams left? That's about as good as I can do with a sports team question.

Seaboe