View Single Post
Old 01 January 2013, 08:56 PM

Default My Guesses

Quote:
1. In the flagship version of the Angry Birds video game, players launch their birds at what type of animal?
Pigs

Quote:
2. What two U.S. states each have 41.2% of their area covered by water, more by far than any other state of the union?
I would guess, Michigan, I can't think of another. Minnesota, perhaps?

Quote:
3. Robotics professor Masahiro Mori coined what name for the unexpected dip in a graph of comfort level caused by simulated humans beginning to look more and more like real humans?
The Uncanny Valley

Quote:
4. What current TV show about the Braverman family is loosely based on a 1989 movie about the Buckman family?
Parenthood (liked the movie, have never seen the TV show)

Quote:
5. The Brazilian company Embraer is one of the world's largest manufacturers of what?
Aircraft

Quote:
6. Anzac Day every April commemorates the over 10,000 Australian and New Zealand soldiers who lost their lives in what 1915 military campaign against the Ottoman Empire?
Gallipoli (Love the movie, not so sure about the actual battle)

Quote:
7. What unusual distinction is shared by these movies, listed in this order? Rocky, Scary Movie 3, Coraline, They Won't Forget, Jaws, Stand By Me, Frequency, Where the Truth Lies, The Ice Storm, A Christmas Story.
Have seen them all, except They Won't Forget and The Ice Storm. Can't come up with a distinction though...

MacLloyd