View Single Post
Old 28 December 2012, 04:34 PM
quijote57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post
Is there a game this week?
I guess the usual poster is on vacation. Here it is:

Merry Christmas, my special little snowflakes! I believe this is the first time Tuesday Trivia has ever arrived on Christmas Day. Maybe print this out and put it under the tree as a special surprise? Think of all the cheer and good will toward men that might result.

I've made my list and checked it twice: it's the official scoreboard at http://ken-jennings.com/messageboard...php?f=3&t=9373 . Have the happiest of holidays, everybody. See you next year! (Remember to tell people "See you next year!" a lot this week, because that's always hilarious.)

THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. What holiday symbol is easily recognized by its colorful bracts?

2. The historical Saint Nicholas was the Bishop of Myra, a city located in what is today the Antalya Province of what nation?

3. The hybrid holiday Chrismukkah was popularized on a December 3, 2003 episode of what TV drama?

4. What Christmas character is accused of being "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato"?

5. Of the four major North American sports organizations, what's the only one that schedules an annual slate of a few games on Christmas Day?

6. Who resigned from his presidency on Christmas Day 1991, leading to the dissolution of his nation the following day?

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these animals? Beetles, cats, moths, prawns, rat snakes, salamanders, sharks, swallowtail butterflies.