Comment: This story was told to me by my cousin who lives in Barrie
Ontario. He says a friend of his was having a birthday party for his
little girl and got tired of blowing up the balloons, so he thought of how
he could do it more easily and realized he had lots of gas under pressure
in his portable propane tank and he used it to inflate the balloons. He
then taped them to the ceiling with masking tape.
When he brought out the birthday cake and lit the candles. The heat dried
out the tape, and when the balloons descended they landed on the birthday
candles and exploded. No one was seriously hurt, but the fire department
said it was lucky he hadn't filled all the balloons.