snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Glurge Gallery (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Former prostitute has hysterectomy, then baby (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=87525)

Avril 21 October 2013 01:01 AM

Former prostitute has hysterectomy, then baby

From my Facebook news feed. I want to know who writes this kind of stuff.

Quote:

A lady was a professional prostitute for a living and had a lot of customers around. She knew that no man would ever accept her as a wife, so she went to a hospital and told the doctor to remove her womb so that she would no longer be coming for abortions. After some years, someone introduced the word of God to her and immediately, she gave her life to Christ and started working in the church and became dedicated to God. As time went by, one of the Pastors called her and said 'my sister, 'the Lord spoke to me that you are my wife, i want to marry you.' The lady smiled and said 'Brother, the Lord didn't tell u anything or maybe u didn't hear him clearly, go back cause am not even planning to marry any man. The man came back and said to her again 'the Lord said that u are my wife'. The lady smiled and narrated her story to him. The man still insisted to marry her and she told the Pastor, 'I don't have a womb, I removed it after several abortions', but the pastor still insisted, 'The Lord said u are my wife', so they got married.

Not too long after some months she became pregnant. The lady and the man went to the hospital were her womb was removed, the doctor thought she was coming for another business...but the lady told the doctor that 'i am pregnant and i have come to your hospital to register'. The doctor was shocked, with laughter he said, 'u told me to remove your womb, u can no longer have children'. but the lady told him it is the GRACE, FAVOUR and MERCY of GOD that she's pregnant. The doctor conducted a pregnancy test which showed that she was one month pregnant. Out of disbelief and tears, the doctor said, 'please, show me ur God, I want to worship Him'.

Not too long the lady gave birth to a baby boy.. IT WAS THE GRACE, FAVOUR AND MERCY OF GOD that the prostitute could have a child. Therefore, I decree upon ur life that whatsoever that has or might have damaged in your life, in your body, in your skills, your carrier, your academics, your business, MAY THE FAVOUR, MERCY, GRACE AND MIRACLE OF GOD LOCATE YOU AS YOU TYPE AMEN TO THIS PRAYER, IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN. My brothers & sisters, God still does this kind of miracles, just write "Amen" and share this story to your friends, you will see GOD perform a Miracle in your life!!! ''''' #AMEN

Little Pink Pill 21 October 2013 01:18 AM

Out of disbelief and the earnest desire to avoid getting sued for malpractice, the quick thinking doctor said, "please, show me your God, I want to worship Him."

crocoduck_hunter 21 October 2013 01:55 AM

Even by the low, low standards of glurge, that was terrible. It was like they forced a six year old to write a story about how God will make you a good person and the kid was passive-aggressively getting back at them.

Esprise Me 21 October 2013 01:59 AM

A professional prostitute for a living, eh? You'd think if amateur prostitutes for funsies could figure out birth control, so could she.

Dropbear 21 October 2013 02:55 AM

Most of the amateurs are only maintaining their amateur status so they can enter the Olympics and then go pro for the major leagues.

Dropbear

Aimee Evilpixie 21 October 2013 03:36 AM

Okay, I hate the use of "u" instead of "you" as much as the next person, but I think that even more I hate the inconsistency in this.

Avril 21 October 2013 04:14 AM

You can't get a pregnancy test that shows how far along you are, for one thing, and for another, aren't most tests not going to show you until you're at least at 6 or 8 weeks? (Never had to try them, myself, so I honestly don't actually know--but you'd wait to test until after you missed one for at least a week or so, wouldn't you?)

And as for the pastor here...I wanted her to say, "Dude. Not getting it. Turning you down. Barking up the wrong tree," not, "oh, but I'm unworthy of love, 'cause, you know, infertile and all" and mean it...this one has layer upon layer of sinister messages.

Sandgroper 21 October 2013 04:27 AM

Almost lost my eyeballs from rolling them so much at that one :rolleyes:.... SHEESH.

Esprise Me 21 October 2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avril (Post 1776886)
You can't get a pregnancy test that shows how far along you are, for one thing, and for another, aren't most tests not going to show you until you're at least at 6 or 8 weeks? (Never had to try them, myself, so I honestly don't actually know--but you'd wait to test until after you missed one for at least a week or so, wouldn't you?)

You're right that women usually don't discover unintended pregnancies until they miss a period, and are therefore usually more than a month along. Since this woman had a hysterectomy, I imagine she wasn't even getting periods, so if her uterus magically regrew and she got pregnant, I imagine she wouldn't notice anything until she started showing at around 6 months. But today's home pregnancy tests can detect a pregnancy even a couple days before your period is due. So if she'd had some vivid dream 3 1/2 weeks post-LMP in which God told her she was pregnant, and she decided to get a test to confirm it, she would be able to do so. The pregnancy test wouldn't tell her how far along she was, but the ultrasound would.

Singing in the Drizzle 21 October 2013 05:38 AM

I suspect tubal ligation rather than a hysterectomy. If I remember correctly there is a lot more problems and complications that are associated with a hysterectomy, making it a non-preferred method of sterilization. On the other hand tubal ligation is the preferred method because it leaves in place and is possible to reverse (not always successfully). There is also a small chance that a fallopian tubes will heal or something happens to let an egg though and possible pregnancy.

Something I remember reading about when I was younger when me best friends mother had to have a hysterectomy for some serious medical reason. Not being a women or doctor, I'm have no personal interest in learning more than what I have and it was many years ago. So feel free to say I'm completely wrong.

crocoduck_hunter 21 October 2013 05:56 AM

It's glurge. It's not a true event.

Esprise Me 21 October 2013 06:34 AM

It's true that women would be more likely to be sterilized via tubal ligation than hysterectomy, but the story makes it clear that she had the latter:
Quote:

She knew that no man would ever accept her as a wife, so she went to a hospital and told the doctor to remove her womb so that she would no longer be coming for abortions. [...]The man still insisted to marry her and she told the Pastor, 'I don't have a womb, I removed it after several abortions', but the pastor still insisted, 'The Lord said u are my wife', so they got married.
[...] The lady and the man went to the hospital were her womb was removed, the doctor thought she was coming for another business...but the lady told the doctor that 'i am pregnant and i have come to your hospital to register'. The doctor was shocked, with laughter he said, 'u told me to remove your womb, u can no longer have children'. but the lady told him it is the GRACE, FAVOUR and MERCY of GOD that she's pregnant.

Auntie Witch 21 October 2013 11:38 AM

It's happened, but ends badly: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...611510/?page=1

Alarm 21 October 2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie Witch (Post 1776922)
It's happened, but ends badly

Just riffing off your comment, Auntie Witch.

The pastor finds out the child is not his, but God's, goes mad with jealousy and goes on a shooting rampage in his hometown, prompting the NRA to call for armed guards in churches.

:rolleyes:

Avril 21 October 2013 04:02 PM

The only place I'm finding this story outside Facebook is on African Christian news websites, like this one from Kenya:

Kenyan Post

Brad from Georgia 21 October 2013 04:05 PM

I misread the topic as FARMER prostitute....

"Sure thing, Zeb, but let me finish plowin' the back forty first...."

Hero_Mike 21 October 2013 04:34 PM

So there's no miraculous story of how an ectopic pregancy got carried to term? (Hang on a second - does a hysterectomy generally remove ovaries too?)

Wasn't there an episode of "House" where a fertilized egg had implanted in an intestine?

GenYus234 21 October 2013 04:36 PM

Hysterectomies can include the ovaries, but they don't have to. I believe it depends greatly on why the hysterectomy is being done in the first place.

In the intestine or on it (IE outside the intestine)?

Lainie 21 October 2013 04:42 PM

Technically, "oophorectomy" is the term for removal of the ovaries. As GenYus says, an oophorectomy may or may not be done in conjunction with a hysterectomy. There are reasons to consider leaving the ovaries in place, especially with a younger patient.

Mad Jay 21 October 2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero_Mike (Post 1776987)
So there's no miraculous story of how an ectopic pregancy got carried to term? (Hang on a second - does a hysterectomy generally remove ovaries too?)

Wasn't there an episode of "House" where a fertilized egg had implanted in an intestine?

Those are called Abdominable pregnancies

There have been cases of Abdominal pregnancies been carried to 36 weeks of gestation after which the fetus has to be surgically removed.