snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Spook Central (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FEMA concentration camps (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=591)

snopes 02 January 2007 10:25 AM

FEMA concentration camps

Comment: Can you comment on/investigate this: It’s about FEMA “concentration camps” ready in case of martial law is declared in the US. It sounds fishy to me, but when I Googled it, I got 10 pages of results such as this one:

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1062

lazerus the duck 02 January 2007 10:39 AM

Though I don't doubt Bush would lock away innocents at a moments notice, I doubt he could get that much in place without people complaining about the cost.
If he really had it his colleagues would be pressing for him to use it now.

charlie23 02 January 2007 10:43 AM

well, considering what a great job they've done in New Orleans, I doubt anyone should be too worried.

Lainie 02 January 2007 11:48 AM

Somebody paid way too much attention to the X-Files movie. Am I the only one who wondered how Martin Landau managed to say that line with a straight face?

Eddylizard 02 January 2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Currently, the largest of these facilities is just outside of Fairbanks, Alaska. The Alaskan facility is a massive mental health facility and can hold approximately 2 million people.
Two million? Just how big is this covert facility? How many staff would it take to run an operation that size?

Brad from Georgia 02 January 2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddylizard (Post 4929)
Two million? Just how big is this covert facility? How many staff would it take to run an operation that size?

It's only about 1100 square feet, so the two million people will have to like each other a lot.;)

davros 02 January 2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad from Georgia (Post 4956)
It's only about 1100 square feet, so the two million people will have to like each other a lot.;)

or the US Government will just use the :rolleyes: secret shrink ray :rolleyes:
to make everyone like tiny ants

barbrainey 06 January 2007 01:40 AM

FEMA concentration camps

The link provided by admin is from an organization called Friends of Liberty. It is apprently a right-wing group that fears the federal government TOO MUCH.

As for the executive orders listed, the website says they've been around for 30 years or more. But why hasn't anyone else heard of them? If these are SECRET executive orders then how did Friends of Liberty get ahold of them? Are they former members of some secret government cabal? If so, which one? And aren't conspiracy theorists of this kind too paranoid to reveal such information, even on the Internet?

GEEZ!?

Barbara R.

Eddylizard 06 January 2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbrainey (Post 9305)
The link provided by admin is from an organization called Friends of Liberty. It is apprently a right-wing group that fears the federal government TOO MUCH.

As for the executive orders listed, the website says they've been around for 30 years or more. But why hasn't anyone else heard of them? If these are SECRET executive orders then how did Friends of Liberty get ahold of them? Are they former members of some secret government cabal? If so, which one? And aren't conspiracy theorists of this kind too paranoid to reveal such information, even on the Internet?

GEEZ!?

Barbara R.

You already ask too many questions, and know too much! Get your coat, because it can be pretty chilly in Alaska right now. Stand outside with your hands in the air, and wait for the black helicopters! ;)

RisingMoon 06 January 2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie23 (Post 4500)
well, considering what a great job they've done in New Orleans, I doubt anyone should be too worried.

after being in New Orleans and vicinity, I would say it's turned into more of a war zone rather than a concentration camp. It is like being in a third-world country if youre outside of the tourist areas. People are walking around armed out of fear, and that fear is not unfounded.

Astra 06 January 2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisingMoon (Post 9518)
after being in New Orleans and vicinity, I would say it's turned into more of a war zone rather than a concentration camp. It is like being in a third-world country if youre outside of the tourist areas. People are walking around armed out of fear, and that fear is not unfounded.

As opposed to before the hurricane, where they just walked around armed for the fun of it :fish:

TrishDaDish 06 January 2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

CANADA
Our Canadian friends tell us that virtually all Canadian military bases, especially those north of the 50th Parallel, are all set up with concentration camps.
Why the heck would Canada do anything a U.S. president and FEMA say? Do we own Canada now?! "Hello, there. This is George W. Bush. Is the king of Canada there? Wasshisname? Well, we seem to be overflowin' with illegal Mexicans, and what with the rioting, well, we'd just be tickled pink if your emir would detain a few bad eggs fer us. We'd be much obliged..."

RisingMoon 06 January 2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astra (Post 9529)
As opposed to before the hurricane, where they just walked around armed for the fun of it :fish:

well the thugs and other undesirables, but now the normal people are having to arm themselves as well. The National Guard is there, but they can't handle the civillians as if they were enemy combatnts, which in reality, the thugs are.

forceflow15 07 January 2007 02:02 AM

See, the base is outside Alaska because there is an e-NOR-mus collection of Pym Particles there. That is why the facility can hold 2 million people in 1100 sq. ft.

(Sorry, too much Marvel Ultimate Alliance in the last two days. I see Pym Particles everywhere.)

Don't worry I got it, :fish:

Singing in the Drizzle 07 January 2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

WASHINGTON
Seattle/Tacoma - SeaTac Airport: fully operational federal transfer center
The airport has its own police force and holding cells. I sure most every US internation airport has holding cells. I would not think that they could hold more that a few of dozen people. I'm sure that they are used to forcably tranfer people back to their own country for leagal reason and to hold people for tranfer on Conair. I'm sure FEMA could us the facility to forceable tranfer people, but this is not differnet than other orgaizations.

Quote:

Okanogan County - Borders Canada and is a site for a massive concentration camp capable of holding hundreds of thousands of people for slave labor. This is probably one of the locations that will be used to hold hard core patriots who will be held captive for the rest of their lives.
I have a friend that was a librial reporter there for several years. Never heard of anything remotely similar to this. I guess that the airport can be fenced off and used.

Quote:

Sand Point Naval Station - Seattle - FEMA detention center used actively during the 1999 WTO protests to classify prisoners.
Around 1995 Sand Point Naval Station was tranfered to Washington State. I was not Federal land during the WTO protests. The state used it during the riots, not the feds. Most of the land now is used for a park.

Quote:

Ft. Lewis / McChord AFB - near Tacoma - This is one of several sites that may be used to ship prisoners overseas for slave labor.
This is the only thing on the list that makes any sense. Ft. Lewis is a active military base with lots of land already fenced to keep people out that could just as easly be used to keep people in. Since base is active there is personel there to confine poeple. The National Guard is next door and could be used to help. Mcchord AFB is across the Hwy and makes perfect sense if one wants to move large number of people. All this is normal for our national defence and can be easly converted to a detention center. How is diffent than any other active military base.

What is this about slave labor? If we ship someone back to another country. We have very little say on what happens to them and would think that almost every county would not make the people in to slaves.

Ravenhull 13 February 2007 01:53 PM

I stumbled onto a Wikipedia article which seems to indicate that this is an old one being resurected.

Tarquin Farquart 13 February 2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrishDaDish (Post 9811)
Why the heck would Canada do anything a U.S. president and FEMA say? Do we own Canada now?! "Hello, there. This is George W. Bush. Is the king of Canada there? Wasshisname? Well, we seem to be overflowin' with illegal Mexicans, and what with the rioting, well, we'd just be tickled pink if your emir would detain a few bad eggs fer us. We'd be much obliged..."

Where's our camps? What happened to the special relationship?

Beachlife! 13 February 2007 02:23 PM

It just says 'Lansing - Fema Detention Center'. Does that mean the entire city will be a Fema detention center? Or there is one here, but they can't say exactly where?

Beachlife! 13 February 2007 02:34 PM

Ah, found it. They call it a Disaster Recovery Center, and it's cleverly disguised to look like a fire station:

Detention Retention Center is more like it.

Eddylizard 13 February 2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarquin Farquart (Post 60643)
Where's our camps? What happened to the special relationship?

Perhaps Sheppy would be a good site. It'd also give us a good excuse to demolish the Kingsferry Bridge, and sever all ties with the mainland.

(I think they've got another bridge now, but I'm sure the Royal Engineers are capable.)