snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Spook Central (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   JFK shot by his driver (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=49770)

snopes 20 August 2009 05:34 PM

JFK shot by his driver

Why did JFK's Driver shoot him in the head at point blank range?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AryhADF0jz8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AryhADF0jz8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mama Duck 20 August 2009 05:39 PM

That's not a gun. That's the reflection off the passenger's clothing.

chillas 20 August 2009 06:20 PM

Wow. Just ... wow. That there is the special kind of stupid at work.

KingDavid8 21 August 2009 03:01 AM

This one came up a while back (years ago, I think) on one of the message boards. I remember that the theory was that the reason Jackie climbed onto the trunk of the car was because she saw the driver shoot JFK and feared he was going to shoot her next.

Ummm....yeah, and she lived another thirty years and neglected to tell anyone who killed her husband?

David

crocoduck_hunter 21 August 2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Duck (Post 1028052)
That's not a gun. That's the reflection off the passenger's clothing.

For extra stupidity, his left hand is clearly visible holding the steering wheel the whole time.

The Game 26 August 2009 07:26 AM

Bill Hicks once commented on this theory in his act, stating, evey time you see the Zapruder film, did you ever watch the guys in the front? He claimed he was too busy staring at Jackie's ass she climbed on the trunk and reached for Kennedy.

Hicks was actually quite obsessed with Kennedy's assination and referenced it often.

Jenn 17 September 2010 04:06 PM

This one is circulating a great deal again with the following text:

Comment: I remember Lyndon Johnson saying on TV the day after the
Kennedy assassination, that the world would never know all the facts
surrounding Kennedys killing for 75 years until the complete file of information
would be revealed. I also remember Walter Cronkite announcing on TV, that
the Nation could not handle the full truth in that Century. Well, only 47 years
have passed since Kennedys assassination.

This is hard to fake and is very chilling....... who was driving?
This video shows the limousine chauffeur that takes President J.F.K. and his
wife, November 22nd 1963 in Dallas, Texas, shooting the gun with his left
hand. This was the video that the CIA did not show to the public view. And
did you ask yourself why was Jackie trying to run away towards the trunk,
away from the front of the car? And why did JFKs skull wound was in the
front, when supposedly Oswald shot him from the back??

Interesting.......... and chilling...............

Jenn 17 September 2010 04:07 PM

And a frame-by-frame rebuttal:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DguBcLpWBS0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DguBcLpWBS0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lainie 17 September 2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDavid8 (Post 1028712)
Ummm....yeah, and she lived another thirty years and neglected to tell anyone who killed her husband?

She was afraid.

GenYus234 17 September 2010 04:30 PM

The driver's left hand? He would have had to have twisted totally around and then aimed and fired past the passengers in the middle seats and scored a head shot in a fraction of a second.

Also, the passenger in the front seat would have certainly noticed a gun going off a foot or so from his ear.

Lainie 17 September 2010 04:33 PM

The front-seat passenger was in on it, duh.

GenYus234 17 September 2010 05:12 PM

Then why didn't he shoot JFK? Would have been easier than having the driver do it.

New Mythbusters question: Is it more dangerous to be texting while driving, drinking and driving, or shooting the President in the head while driving?

videoguy 17 September 2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYus234 (Post 1309672)
New Mythbusters question: Is it more dangerous to be texting while driving, drinking and driving, or shooting the President in the head while driving?

Statistics show that no one has ever got into an accident while shooting the President in the head while driving.

Lainie 17 September 2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYus234 (Post 1309672)
Then why didn't he shoot JFK? Would have been easier than having the driver do it.

To throw people off and confuse them, of course.

TripleAAA 20 September 2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

And
did you ask yourself why was Jackie trying to run away towards the trunk,
away from the front of the car?
Because her husband got shot right in the head right next to her? She was freaking scared!

Auburn Red 19 December 2010 12:46 AM

So you mean to tell me, that no one would have noticed the driver TURN AROUND AND SHOOT HIMM???? So much for keeping his hands at ten-two while he was driving. :rolleyes:

crocoduck_hunter 19 December 2010 02:43 AM

Of course they noticed, but they were all in on the plot, so they fingered Oswald.

Latiam 19 December 2010 03:42 PM

Didn't she say she was confused and trying to go get the back of his head to put it back on, or is that just me? It seems very silly, but as an instantaneous reaction it's possible - you don't expect someone to be shot beside you. I don't remember where I heard that, though, so it could easily be false.

Quote:

Q: Why did First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy climb onto the back of the car after the shooting?
A: Jacqueline Kennedy climbed on the back of the car to retrieve fragments from the president's head, though she had no memory of it afterward
PBS link here

I dunno, I'm still skeptical. If she doesn't remember it how do we know?

ETA:Ok, I looked at her testimpony at the Warren commission, and she doesn't remember climbing on the car at all. But Clint Hill, the agent who climbed on the car, later told the comission this:
[QUOTE]Desperate Reach. Jackie said that she did not recall scrambling onto the back of the limousine in the instant after the President's head was shattered by the bullet. But Secret Service Agent Clint Hill, who sprinted up from behind and leaped onto the presidential car, later told the Commission what happened after he heard Oswald's first shot: "I had a hold of the handgrip [on the rear of the limousine] with my hand, when the car lurched forward. I lost my footing, and I had to run about three or four more steps before I could get back up in the car. The second noise that I heard had removed a portion of the President's head, and he slumped noticeably to his left. Mrs. Kennedy had jumped up from the seat and was, it appeared to me, reaching for something coming off the right rear bumper of the car, the right rear tail, when she noticed that I was trying to climb on the car."

Had Hill noticed anything that could have made Jackie reach out so desperately? "I thought I saw something come off the back, too, but I cannot say that there was. I do know that the next day we found the portion of the President's head. It was found in the street."

link here

Latiam 19 December 2010 04:15 PM

Okay, I've been looking around, and Clint Hill, the agent who climbed on the car, says this:

Quote:

Jackie said that she did not recall scrambling onto the back of the limousine in the instant after the President's head was shattered by the bullet. But Secret Service Agent Clint Hill, who sprinted up from behind and leaped onto the presidential car, later told the Commission what happened after he heard Oswald's first shot: "I had a hold of the handgrip [on the rear of the limousine] with my hand, when the car lurched forward. I lost my footing, and I had to run about three or four more steps before I could get back up in the car. The second noise that I heard had removed a portion of the President's head, and he slumped noticeably to his left. Mrs. Kennedy had jumped up from the seat and was, it appeared to me, reaching for something coming off the right rear bumper of the car, the right rear tail, when she noticed that I was trying to climb on the car."

Had Hill noticed anything that could have made Jackie reach out so desperately? "I thought I saw something come off the back, too, but I cannot say that there was. I do know that the next day we found the portion of the President's head. It was found in the street."
link here

Sorry about the double post - I got here about a minute to late to edit. And now I see that it told me I couldn't edit, but added it. Very strange. And irritating, since I made some mistakes.