snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Disney (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Red cars in Disney parking lot (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=90800)

snopes 25 November 2014 08:35 PM

Red cars in Disney parking lot

Comment: Twenty or thirty years ago, I heard a story on the radio show "Paul
Harvey - The Rest of the Story" where he described some playful mischief
of the young people who direct cars into the parking lots at Disney World.
In the story, Paul Harvey contended that the parking lot attendants sent
all the red cars to the same lot. At the end of the day when most people
returned to their cars, chaos ensued when the owners of red cars tried to
find their particular red car.

But I can't find any reference to this story. Hence, I can't find any
confirmation if it's true or false. Furthermore, Disney World "Contact
Us" claims to not know anything about the story. Do you know?

UEL 25 November 2014 08:38 PM

I used to be a regular listener of a radio station that had Paul Harvey News and The Rest of the Story frequently on it. One thing about TRotS was that there was always some sort of moral purpose to the narrative he was telling. Be it a case of work ethic paying off, or perseverence provides dividend etc, it always gave some moral.

I don't know what the moral would be to narrate a case of someone playing this prank. Not unless the pranksters went on to form an enterprise for moving cars around or something.

Smells a bit fishy to me.

GenYus234 25 November 2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 1851287)
on the radio show "Paul Harvey - The Rest of the Story"

Well there's your problem.

erwins 25 November 2014 08:50 PM

Why would the drivers only notice that the lot was full of all red cars at the *end* of the day? Wouldn't that jump out at you while you were parking, or as you were walking through the lot to get to the park?

Beachlife! 25 November 2014 09:02 PM

That was my thought as well erwins, especially considering that they would need to have a look around to make sure they could find their car at the end of the day regardless.

GenYus234 25 November 2014 09:06 PM

Later drivers who parked there would notice, but at least the first few in each area wouldn't. If there is any truth to the story, it might be the early arrivers who left when the parking lot was still pretty full who were the ones confounded.

PS.
Gen "I know I red it somewhere" Yus
or
Gen "Seeing Red" Yus

Not_Done_Living 25 November 2014 09:07 PM

we once had a tram driver note " please pay attention to where you were parked, as telling us you have a white rental car well ....." and he nodded to the parking lot filled with white cars.

Zorro 26 November 2014 02:12 AM

I don't see how this would work. They have a pretty streamlined parking system, and redirecting red cars would screw it up.

Alarm 26 November 2014 03:21 PM

That and the fact that the lots are further separated into zones, like most large parking lots.

So you remember you parked in "Goofy", for example, Section E4. It doesn't matter how many red cars there are in the parking lot, only one of the red cars near E4 should be yours unless someone moved your car after you parked it.

42liter 28 November 2014 01:29 AM

d

A person's car is as personal as a fingerprint. I would have no problem finding my car in a sea of like colored cars