snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   SLC (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Passing of a former snopester (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=96353)

musicgeek 08 January 2018 06:16 PM

Passing of a former snopester

RIP the former snopester known as Jay Tea.

via Facebook:

Quote:

It is with great sadness that I have to announce the death of my big brother Joe. Joe died at home on the 28th, he was 43 years of age. If any of his friends would like to attend the funeral then feel free to message me or my big Sis for the details. Needless to say we are all very shocked at his sudden loss but we are finding the strength to carry on in his memories and each other in the family. I love you Bruv and I'll see you again at the bar.......but not yet!!!!! Xxx
I always enjoyed Jay Tea's wit and heart, not to mention his love of good food that he frequently shared with recipes and commentary. Way too young.

Seaboe Muffinchucker 08 January 2018 06:32 PM

Oh, that's incredibly sad. musickgeek, can you post a remark on Facebook on behalf of those snopesters who don't have access to his page, saying we were very sorry to hear of his passing?

<label for="rb_iconid_20">http://message.snopes.com/images/icons/icon06.gif

</label> Seaboe

musicgeek 08 January 2018 06:34 PM

Will do. If there's anyone who wants to chime in with a specific remembrance, I'll be sure to pass it along.

smittykins 08 January 2018 06:48 PM

43 is far too young.
RIP, Joe/Jay Tea. :(

Twankydillo 08 January 2018 06:50 PM

I'm in shock. He bought some art of me once, presumably to bolster my esteem at the time. He didn't know me well, he was just kind to a stranger. Always had a story about everything! I would think of him now and again though I had not heard from him in so long. I regret I never met him when we said we should meet up and have a drink. I'll drink to him the memories of old times Snopes discussions, his cheerful pacifism to online arguments, to the man who was kind and friendly to a stranger.

Brad from Georgia 08 January 2018 06:51 PM

So sad! I liked his sit and style. RIP.

HelloLlama 08 January 2018 07:04 PM

I remember Jay Tea. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Richard W 08 January 2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twankydillo (Post 1968688)
I regret I never met him when we said we should meet up and have a drink.

I never met him either. I would have liked to, but I think he was a bit shy of the gatherings we used to have. He said he was interested once or twice, but never came to any in the end.

(A few of us are meeting up in London in a couple of weeks, and I'd invited him to that through a Facebook event when we arranged it back in October. I don't think he even saw the invitation though).

Very sad.

thorny locust 08 January 2018 07:33 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Lainie 08 January 2018 07:40 PM

Very shocking and sad.

SatansHobbit 08 January 2018 07:53 PM

Aw, he was my Pommy nemesis for a while in the old photo threads.

He made me laugh, and that's all I want from anyone.

R.I.P. mate.

Veruca 08 January 2018 08:39 PM

Just chiming in as another person who always enjoyed his posts. I was a little surprised when he added me as a Facebook friend years ago, but I'm glad he did. He was always very helpful when I wanted help identifying an insect or animal. He seemed like a very well traveled and intelligent person.

Ryda Wong, EBfCo. 08 January 2018 08:58 PM

He and I used to talk for hours on a fairly regular basis, but, with everything that happened this last year, I lost touch with him. I still have a recording of his voice he sent me. He was a really, really special person and we always used to half-heartedly talk about meeting some day, despite the distance. I am so, so sad that we never actually got to do it and that we lost touch. I loved listening to his stories and he always made me laugh among other things. Rest well, friend. I will miss you.

mbravo 08 January 2018 09:57 PM

Far too young. :( :( RIP.

ganzfeld 08 January 2018 09:57 PM

RIP Jay Tea :(

Hans Off 08 January 2018 10:02 PM

Popping in to log my dismay at such a sad passing. I saw the update on Facebook earlier and my joy at spotting a rare update from him turned into a sucker punch of the news of one of my first online chums passing.

Always a sage witty top gent who gave great advice and support for all those that sought it.

Iím gutted.

queen of the caramels 08 January 2018 10:17 PM

RIP Jay.:(

He'll be missed by all of us.

Astra 08 January 2018 11:00 PM

I just saw the news on Facebook and was shocked. He'd added so many of us back in the day and was always a joy to chat with. It did make me feel a bit better to click the Snopes link in the comments and see so many familiar usernames though.

jw 08 January 2018 11:43 PM

RIP Jay Tea.

I never met him IRL either, but we had so many engaging conversations about music, sport and life in general, I feel as if I did know him. He was very active here when I was regulary posting too, especially when we used to have the Snopes contests, when digital cameras became de rigeur. He gave me some good advice about one of my albums. He was to come over for a festival gig one year, but regretfully, it never happened. In recent times we'd lost touch.
I saw the posts on FB over the weekend and am truly saddened.
Such a clever, witty and thoroughly engaging soul. Way too young to go. He'll be missed.

Little Pink Pill 08 January 2018 11:43 PM

I’m so saddened by this. We used to have great conversations about linguistics and parenting. My heart goes out to his family. Like others, I regret losing touch.