snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   We've Got Mail (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   How not to get on this message board (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=350)

snopes 29 December 2006 06:53 AM

How not to get on this message board

Comment: I know damn well I'm entering my name and password correctly, checked the email twice, so the problem's on your end, if you could fix it before I get even more pissed off than I am already.

snopes 29 December 2006 07:28 PM

Comment: did not see where you needed to go to get a login in? How do i register?

rockland6674 30 December 2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 1605)
Comment: I know damn well I'm entering my name and password correctly, checked the email twice, so the problem's on your end, if you could fix it before I get even more pissed off than I am already.

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

- rock "snopes smash!" land

snopes 02 January 2007 01:35 AM

Comment: I can't seem to be able to long on?????

Stoneage Dinosaur 02 January 2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 4172)
Comment: I can't seem to be able to long on?????

What a silly point!

Andrew of Ware 02 January 2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoneage Dinosaur (Post 4605)
What a silly point!

Indeed that was his first slip. If he has trouble then perhaps he can get a third man in, perhaps one with a fine leg If not then his registration is long off.

snopes 07 January 2007 09:18 AM

Comment: hi
im probably being stupid and not reading something properly
but how exactly do i reply to a post/thread thingy?
it wont allow me to write anything
thanks

SatansHobbit 07 January 2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 10514)

Heaven forbid! Don't denigrate yourself. It must a problem at our end, I'm sure snopes will be working overtime in his haste to have you an active member of these boards. Check back in a decade.

snopes 08 January 2007 08:40 AM

Comment: What is it with you people, you are frustrating me beyond belief!

I filled in the information, ie e-mail address , user name, and password, but you keep refusing to admit me.

Ieuan ab Arthur 09 January 2007 02:56 PM

Hi All:

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 11767)
I filled in the information, ie e-mail address , user name, and password, but you keep refusing to admit me.

Word to the wise - try mouthwash before visiting the site! :lol:

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "It's not us, it's you!" ab Arthur

jw 09 January 2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 1890)
Comment: did not see where you needed to go to get a login in? How do i register?

Why would I need to see where to go? I'm already here.

Silverbolt 09 January 2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 1605)

Sounds like some of the employees I work with.

"I've turned the monitor on, hit the power button 3 times, and the computer STILL won't go on. It must be a problem on your end! Never mind the other 50 clients, I want you to fix this NOW!"

"The plug? Let me check."

{pause}

"{click}"

rockland6674 09 January 2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 10514)
but how exactly do i reply to a post/thread thingy?
it wont allow me to write anything
thanks

I think I see your problem. We're in Istanbul, not Constantinople.

- rock "You can't go back to Constantinople" :( land

Jenn 09 January 2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

I was just thinking the other day how this place could really use more irate people.

Canuckistan 09 January 2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 13993)
I was just thinking the other day how this place could really use more irate people.

WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? WHAT THE NFBSK IS YOUR FREAKING PROBLEM?!? :mad:

(Glad I could be of service. :p )

franjava 10 January 2007 12:28 AM

Irate this site at a ten! Oh... wait. You mean...

snopes 01 April 2007 09:09 PM

Comment: I don't understand why I'm not allowed to post any replies?? I thought that was the whole point of these forums??

Canuckistan 01 April 2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 119312)
Comment: I don't understand why I'm not allowed to post any replies?? I thought that was the whole point of these forums??

We can put someone on our ignore list before they start posting? That's a really cool function of this new board! :lol:

snopes 05 April 2007 11:48 PM

Comment: My account does not work- after ten times! I tried in every way I could to activate it and it will NOT activate.

You have some SERIOUS problems in your registration process- like telling people to wait for an activation email before trying to fix the so-called 'missing items' from your on screen message: "You have empty profile fields that are required to be filled in. Please visit your profile page to update these fields." TRY FIXING THE PROFILE PAGE AND YOU JUST GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE OVER AND OVER AGAIN-- EVEN WITH YOUR ACTIVATION EMAIL!

WHAT A MESS! YOU CAN DO BETTER!

snopes 05 April 2007 11:49 PM

Here's a clue: Your responding to the activation e-mail and our approving your registration are two separate steps, and they occur sequentially.

- snopes