snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   The Bad Gastronomer (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   What's for dinner tonight? (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=76923)

Morgaine 01 November 2011 11:45 PM

What's for dinner tonight?

I'm just curious. I always get great ideas from these threads.

Tonight at Chez Morgaine we're having Crockpot Pork Chops (1 can each cream of mushroom & cream of chicken [the healthier ones], a pkg of garlic herb Lipton Recipe Secrets & a few garlic cloves), elbow macaroni with some leftover alfredo sauce mixed in & either leftover roasted veggies (peppers, carrots, zucchini & potatoes) or applesauce. I think tomorrow is going to be either soup or spaghetti & meatballs. Or maybe Ultragotha Dinner which I have decided to nickname 'UGA' (no relation to the University of GA).

Cervus 01 November 2011 11:48 PM

Cupcakes from yesterday's birthday celebration. :)

And probably either spaghetti or some stir-fry.

Errata 01 November 2011 11:58 PM

For lunch I had a croque madame and an apricot tart. I haven't started thinking about dinner yet.

glass papaya 02 November 2011 12:06 AM

We had spaghetti and meatballs with a nice romaine salad tonight. Tomorrow will be baked chicken, baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli spears, and more romaine salad..

Enchanting_eyes 02 November 2011 12:13 AM

Left over beef ribs that I slowed cooked, rice and seasoned butter beans. It was so yummy.

Auntie Witch 02 November 2011 12:22 AM

Potato soup

Dropbear 02 November 2011 12:24 AM

Tonight will be Pork Scotch Fillets with herb butter, roasted vegetables and steamed greens with a glass of semillon/sauvignon blanc followed by a nice cup of tea and a TimTam.

Dropbear

Aud 1 02 November 2011 12:25 AM

I made chicken ala king for the first time. I had mentioned to DH that I was craving something with chicken and a creamy sauce. He suggested it but didn't sound too excited. Apparently his parents made it and it was bland. It became the thing they made when someone was sick. I must have found a better recipe because not only did he like it but Little Miss Picky did too.

Horse Chestnut 02 November 2011 12:26 AM

I bought some steaks and brussel sprouts for dinner. But I wound up eating a caramel apple in the car on the way home.

I'm good, now.

greenfrog78 02 November 2011 12:27 AM

I love these threads. So much fun to read!

Tonight was smoked sausage with potatoes and green beans cooked up with garlic and onion in a pot. Hubby cooked some cabbage and we had it on the side with Williamsburg buns, a yeast roll recipe made in the White House kitchens in James Monroe's time in office :D

It was very tasty and got compliments from my husband.

Tzarina 02 November 2011 12:53 AM

Tonight was spaghetti with home made meat sauce and garlic bread.

Forgotten Fay 02 November 2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropbear (Post 1549637)
Tonight will be Pork Scotch Fillets with herb butter, roasted vegetables and steamed greens with a glass of semillon/sauvignon blanc followed by a nice cup of tea and a TimTam.

Dropbear

A TimTam? A SINGLE TIMTAM?! What is wrong with you man? :lol:

I ordered Chinese. Crab ragoon and sweet and sour chicken. Yum.

erwins 02 November 2011 02:09 AM

I just had our version of ULTRAGOTHA casserole: Quinoa rather than rice, and with avocado and lime juice on top after cooking.

Dropbear 02 November 2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Fay (Post 1549663)
A TimTam? A SINGLE TIMTAM?! What is wrong with you man? :lol:

[pompous voice]Just a little thing I like to call self-control[/pompous voice]:p

Mind you, I have a dark chocolate TimTam every night.

Dropbear

DrRocket 02 November 2011 03:16 AM

For tonight, it was coney dogs with a side of cole slaw and a couple of sour pickles.

Errata 02 November 2011 03:36 AM

Grilled Marshall Islands ahi, medium rare, w/ spicy papaya sauce, snow peas, and potatoes au gratin. Mixed local berries w/ creme anglaise.

tagurit 02 November 2011 03:46 AM

Potato Kielbasa Skillet

We didn't have anything special tonight but a few days ago I made this for the second time and we love it. I reduced the thyme by half because I don't tolerate some herbs well and I increased the sauce ingredients by 1/2 because the first time we thought we wanted more sauce. We were right. I used kielbasa from Dearborn Sausage, which is a pretty good one.

I've decided next time to leave out the bacon (I know, so sad) because it doesn't really add much to the dish and the other pieces are bigger so it's just left on the plate to be eaten at the end. Try it; I think you'll like it. Change it up. Make it your own.

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH...1440070D9B.jpg

Pinecone 02 November 2011 01:11 PM

Next time I find kielbasa cheap I'm making that dinner!

I got some cheap sliced pepperoni, so that'll be added to onion and peppers and put in with a jar of spicy tomato sauce and pasta (and probably some peas) for tonight's dinner.

MichiganGirl 02 November 2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erwins (Post 1549668)
I just had our version of ULTRAGOTHA casserole..

What's ULTRAGOTHA casserole?

granola shoes 02 November 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenfrog78 (Post 1549643)
I love these threads. So much fun to read!

Tonight was smoked sausage with potatoes and green beans cooked up with garlic and onion in a pot. Hubby cooked some cabbage and we had it on the side with Williamsburg buns, a yeast roll recipe made in the White House kitchens in James Monroe's time in office :D

Mmm, my mom made something similar growing up, and I make it now too, but we do it in a skillet - sliced smoked sausage, red potatoes, and green beans. It's my go-to quick dinner as it only takes about 10 minutes.

Tonight we're trying a new recipe from HungryGirl, with fish, bok choy, and zucchini in a foil pack!

I also bought ingredients for Ultragotha Casserole later this week - if my corn tortillas are still good, I might try it as a layered casserole as suggested in the other thread!