snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   The Doctor Is In (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   A Male Chiropractor Developed Period Glue and Yes, It's What You Think It Is (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=95399)

TallGeekyGirl 22 February 2017 02:22 PM

A Male Chiropractor Developed Period Glue and Yes, It's What You Think It Is

Quote:

In this week’s installment of “Women’s Bodies: How Do They Work?” I bring you the story of Wichita, Kansas chiropractor Daniel Dopps. Dopps, not content with realignments and relieving subluxations, decided to become an expert in female anatomy and inventor in his spare time.
http://www.pajiba.com/horror/a-male-...ir-periods.php

GenYus234 22 February 2017 02:31 PM

Actually, it is not what I thought it was. I thought it was a glue made from menses blood.

Not sure which idea is worse though at least I didn't get on my high horse and lecture women about how they are gluing all wrong.

crocoduck_hunter 22 February 2017 04:38 PM

See, chiropractors are not real doctors. People need to stop treating them as if they are.

Mouse 23 February 2017 01:34 AM

Between this guy and pretty much all the other idiots who are like, "Durr...can't women just learn to hold in menstrual blood like they do with urine?", I'm wondering if the only solution is to dick-punch every last one of them until they start to bleed, then be like, "Can't you control yourselves?" :fish:

Or I could just work some more on inventing my Gender-Bender 9000. I had planned to use it on male comic book artists: turn them into women in hopes that they'll learn that women have spines like everyone else or they'll be too busy groping their newfound cleavage to draw; either way, comic book art would improve.

Avril 23 February 2017 03:57 AM

This is unbelievably moronic.

mbravo 23 February 2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYus234 (Post 1942762)
Actually, it is not what I thought it was. I thought it was a glue made from menses blood.

Yeah, the title was a bit of a mislead.

Otherwise, as a general response... ugh.

ganzfeld 23 February 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Actually, it is not what I thought it was.

I thought it was something I really need &nbsp;Right now &nbsp;They keep falling off<sub>.</sub>

overyonder 23 February 2017 01:55 PM

May be he needs to use that glue to keep his own lips shut? :fish:

OY

Lainie 23 February 2017 04:00 PM

And when women point out the problems with his "idea," he insults them. Charming.

Avril 23 February 2017 08:35 PM

This 'Labia Lipstick' to Glue You Shut during Your Period Is Absurd

Quote:

People might think the criticism of Mensez stems from its creator being a man, but that's not the issue, Gunter says. “I don’t feel offended that he’s a man; I feel offended that he’s someone who has some type of medical background and obviously hasn’t thought this through, as well as the distasteful comments that he’s made about women,” she says.

Aud 1 24 February 2017 01:11 AM

It me period glue means glues used way back in history. Animal skin glue, cheese glue.

Jacob 03 March 2017 03:43 AM

Quote:

Not sure which idea is worse though at least I didn't get on my high horse and lecture women about how they are gluing all wrong.

I thought that too.

DawnStorm 04 March 2017 08:37 PM

I am stuck on Mensez Glue 'cause Mensez's stuck on me! Let's all sing along now!:p

Casey 13 March 2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter (Post 1942790)
See, chiropractors are not real doctors. People need to stop treating them as if they are.

That's a bingo. There's a reason why they don't go through the Ohio State Medical Board for a license, but the Ohio State Chiropractic Board. Only one US chiropractic school even mandates a Bachelor's as an admission requirement! :eek:

1,000 hours of clinicals sounds like a lot, but that's nothing. I averaged 60 a week, 50 weeks a year for 2 years of clinicals. That's 6,000. Psych may have been 25, but OB, close to 100, surgery in the 90s. At that rate I'd have my thousand in five months or less.

Sue 13 March 2017 06:17 PM

I've learned never to voice my true feelings about chiropractors around people I don't know. It's amazing how many feel like chiropractors are not only real doctors but are better real doctors than doctors are.

crocoduck_hunter 13 March 2017 07:26 PM

They're probably the same sort of people who think that homeopathic medicine is real medicine.

TallGeekyGirl 13 March 2017 08:06 PM

My husband calls them quackterpractors. :lol:

Dreams of Thinking Machines 20 March 2017 10:11 PM

I just wish chiros would stick to being glorified massage therapists. My uncle, an MD, has seen several patients who have developed locked-in syndrome following cervical manipulation by chiros :eek:.

Edit: Just found this in a search: :eek: manipulation under anesthesia? :eek:

Alarm 21 March 2017 01:07 PM

I quit my Chiro after I got tired of him trying to convince me that "proper adjustment" could "cure" my diabetes. :rolleyes:

If by "adjustment" you mean brainwashing and by "cure " you mean ignore, sure...
:fish:

Lainie 21 March 2017 01:29 PM

I miss old-fashioned osteopaths. You could get a nice satisfying back-crunching manipulation* from a fully trained medical professional who didn't try to sell you a bunch of woo.

*It may have been bad for my spine in the long run, but damn it felt good in the moment.