snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   NFBSK (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What she left behind (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=19707)

snopes 06 November 2007 04:10 PM

What she left behind

Comment: A co-worker told us this story of a friend of a friend.

Friend A and her friend B were at a local bar. Friend B spotted a fellow
that she found interesting. They hooked up (as the kids say) and went
back to his place where she spent the night.

The morning the fellow told her that he had to go to work, but that she
could hang out as long as she wanted. He even made coffee for her. He
told that when she left that she needed worry about locking the door
because it would lock behind her.

She hung around a while, ate breakfast, and used the bathroom.
Unfortunately, she had plugged the toilet and the fellow had no plunger.
She panicked.

All she could think to do was find a plastic bag and fish out the poop to
unplug the toilet. She does that and now has a bag of poop to dispose of.
She cleans the bathroom and gets ready to leave, figuring to throw the
poop bag in the nearest dumpster.

She leaves the fellow a note telling him that he's a great guy and that
she'd like to see him again. She leaves her phone number and heads out
the door.

The door closes and locks behind her. Then she remembers that she forgot
the bag of poop back in his apartment! He's going to think she's some
kind of freak!

She heads home and immediately changes her phone number and hopes she
never runs into him again.

The story is hilarious as told by my co-worker. He says it happened to
the girlfriend of his friend. I accepted it at first, but the more I
thought of it, the more it sounds like an urban legend.

Malruhn 06 November 2007 05:04 PM

I can't say anything about this particular case, but this sounds like the standard, "OMFG How Embarrassing" UL.

Ramblin' Dave 06 November 2007 05:33 PM

The fact that the guy lets a near-perfect stranger have free reign over his home strikes me as rather odd. No matter how good she was in bed, he has known her for less than 24 hours! But I concede that doesn't prove it didn't happen.

Bryan With a 'Y' 06 November 2007 05:36 PM

Sounds to me like she's just trying to rationalize her drug habit.

Not_Done_Living 06 November 2007 07:05 PM

This was done as a vid i saw on Youtube (which has since been removed otherwise i would have linked it ..)

surfcitydogdad 06 November 2007 10:38 PM

This UL reminds me of similarly-themed scenes in two movies; the broken toilet in Dumb and Dumber, and the little Abba "souvenir" in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. There could be more. It also reminds me of the joke on Snopes about the broken toilet and the glass roof...

Bathroom and poop fear must lurk deep in our psyches (in Western culture); jokes about excrement are too popular for it to be otherwise. I know I like them! :fish:

TuFurg 06 November 2007 11:22 PM

Fake or not it was pretty funny:-)

remarkgullabull 06 November 2007 11:36 PM

The whole thing sounds like a load of crap to me. :D :fish:

BamaRainbow 07 November 2007 02:36 AM

The whole story sounds fake. I mean, who can get their phone number changed in just a few hours?

:D

rockstar1976 07 November 2007 02:58 AM

just FYI (though, I do think this totally smells like an UL), I was in Texas a year ago and met a girl at a bar. We drank tequila shots and beers and ended up back at her place fooling around till 5am. She got 2 hours sleep then went to work, simply leaving me a note to do whatever I wanted, but the door would lock behind me. So, it DOES happen, and I'm a 30 year old ruffian who went home with a hot chick! Gotta love musicians...

missy_pooh_1997 07 November 2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan With a 'Y' (Post 391671)
Sounds to me like she's just trying to rationalize her drug habit.

That's just wrong. I'll vomit later.

AdvancEX 08 November 2007 05:29 PM

Based on my experience...I have a feeling this is true. I had a similar situation like this one except it wasn't as bad.

It happened at my friend's house. I used a bag. I fished "it" out. Never went back to that house again. I'm not gonna say exactly to what extent but...I left that place and traveled several states.:o

Bryan With a 'Y' 08 November 2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy_pooh_1997 (Post 392843)
That's just wrong. I'll vomit later.

Ooo - can you ferment that, too?

missy_pooh_1997 08 November 2007 09:37 PM

* faints *

JD65 10 November 2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaRainbow (Post 392568)
The whole story sounds fake. I mean, who can get their phone number changed in just a few hours?

:D

Actually, when my ex moved out, my phone number was changed in about 10 minutes.

applepwnz 10 November 2007 01:19 PM

I find it odd that she would have just left the bag of poop somewhere and took off at all, you'd think that if she had this immanent problem of having a bag of poop to dispose of, that she would have figured something out before she did anything else. Also why didn't she use the obvious solution and just put half of the bag back in to the toilet, flush it, put the rest in the toilet, flush that?

Troberg 10 November 2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

I've done it twice, although for less embarassing reasons. All it took was a phone call, and it was done before I had hung up. The first time it was even free, as a changed to another number in the same sequence, the second time it cost about $20.

Singing in the Drizzle 10 November 2007 03:22 PM

I just trying to figure out how she got the poop into the bag with out making a mess? Then there is the question of how good of job does a plugged toilet do in braking up the poop when flushed.

I personally would have just left a note explaining and an apology if something similar happen to me.

AdvancEX 11 November 2007 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singing in the Drizzle (Post 396962)
I just trying to figure out how she got the poop into the bag with out making a mess?

It's pretty simple to grab it without making a mess. Get a bag and put it over your hand. Grab "it" then you just reverse the bag. It is similar to how doctors take off their rubber gloves. No mess at all...unless what you ate didn't solidify. :fish:

Singing in the Drizzle 11 November 2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdvancEX (Post 397503)
It's pretty simple to grab it without making a mess. Get a bag and put it over your hand. Grab "it" then you just reverse the bag. It is similar to how doctors take off their rubber gloves. No mess at all...unless what you ate didn't solidify. :fish:

Not something I ever gave a lot of thought to. Still EWWWW!!!