snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   NFBSK Gone Wild! (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Man has 'world's worst' super-gonorrhoea (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=96553)

E. Q. Taft 28 March 2018 11:44 PM

Man has 'world's worst' super-gonorrhoea

A man in the UK has caught the world's "worst-ever" case of super-gonorrhoea.

He had a regular partner in the UK, but picked up the superbug after a sexual encounter with a woman in south-east Asia.

Public Health England says it is the first time the infection cannot be cured with first choice antibiotics.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-43571120

SatansHobbit 29 March 2018 04:40 AM

So we've got a goner here? Too Easy, sorry, doesn't deserve a clap.

Faster than a premature ejaculation.
More powerful than a south east asian condom.
Able to leap tall antibiotics in a single bound.

Look! Up in the medical dictionary.
It's a town!
It's an Italian dish!

It's Superbug! Yes, it's Super-gonorrhoea!

Strange visitor from another country who came to the UK with powers and abilities to make peeing comfortably far beyond that of mortal men.

dfresh 29 March 2018 02:35 PM

Yeah, that might beat Florida Man for the title of worst superhero.

DawnStorm 29 March 2018 06:24 PM

The complications of the clap are pretty well documented for women, but I've never heard of any for men, other than some discomfort/blockage.
I can look it up when I get home; I'm sure as hell not going to Google that at work! :eek:

E. Q. Taft 29 March 2018 09:54 PM

Yeah, back when I was in junior high school, they talked a lot about how you could catch gonorrhea, but didn't really say much about what it did to you. Not like syphilis, which of course can actually kill you.

(This tells you how long ago I went to school -- it was before AIDS was a concern, and I don't remember that we even talked about herpes. Just "VD.")

WildaBeast 29 March 2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

He... picked up the superbug after a sexual encounter with a woman in south-east Asia.
I know I'm really just speculating here, and I'm sure they're being vague about the details of the encounter to protect the man's privacy, but did anyone else read that part and think "sex tourism"? If the woman he got the infection from was in fact a prostitute there could be a lot more men that she spread it to.

smittykins 30 March 2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft (Post 1975522)
Yeah, back when I was in junior high school, they talked a lot about how you could catch gonorrhea, but didn't really say much about what it did to you. Not like syphilis, which of course can actually kill you.

(This tells you how long ago I went to school -- it was before AIDS was a concern, and I don't remember that we even talked about herpes. Just "VD.")

*obligatory earworm alert*

Lainie 30 March 2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnStorm (Post 1975500)
The complications of the clap are pretty well documented for women, but I've never heard of any for men, other than some discomfort/blockage.
I can look it up when I get home; I'm sure as hell not going to Google that at work! :eek:

Depending on what kind of clap you're talking about, and how far it advances, there are some pretty ugly symptoms that affect both sexes. Dementia, for one.

Beejtronic 31 March 2018 02:19 AM

The More You Know

Quote:

Some men with gonorrhea may have no symptoms at all. However, men who do have symptoms, may have:

A burning sensation when urinating;
A white, yellow, or green discharge from the penis;
Painful or swollen testicles (although this is less common).
Quote:

In men, gonorrhea can cause a painful condition in the tubes attached to the testicles. In rare cases, this may cause a man to be sterile, or prevent him from being able to father a child.
There's a great episode of the podcast Sawbones all about the clap. A lot of squirm-inducing talk about slapping or injecting things into the penis.