snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Wild Kingdom (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Things you shouldn't have to tell your pet (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=76067)

Lainie 10 March 2012 03:28 PM

If he did it in one jump, color me impressed. :eek:

Rin, we get it: you don't like the Thundershirt. Fine, we'll send it back and try something else. But it did not cause you a spinal cord injury, and all your legs worked just fine during the few minutes you were wearing it. There was no need to walk around with your back legs dragging as if they were paralyzed, and there was no reason you shouldn't have been able to jump over the 4-inch-high side of your favorite box.

kit_n_caboodle 11 March 2012 01:51 AM

Lola: You love being brushed. You even know the word. So stop walking around the room and making me follow you when I brush you!

Pablo: You hate being brushed. I realize that you get zapped because your fur is so thick. Stop acting like I'm trying to kill you.

Arriah 11 March 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainie (Post 1602065)
If he did it in one jump, color me impressed. :eek:

Rin, we get it: you don't like the Thundershirt. Fine, we'll send it back and try something else. But it did not cause you a spinal cord injury, and all your legs worked just fine during the few minutes you were wearing it. There was no need to walk around with your back legs dragging as if they were paralyzed, and there was no reason you shouldn't have been able to jump over the 4-inch-high side of your favorite box.

We just got Kita a https://anxietywrap.com/default.aspx...fsqaqgodiwijxg She acted like she was suddenly a hunchback (pretty funny for a dane) but calmed down pretty fast. It's not as warm as the thundershirt but it does have better ratings on amazon. Might be worth a try for yours.

Psihala 12 March 2012 08:56 PM

Kittens,

My head is officially closed to take-off's, landings, and touch and go's. Use the rest of the bed for that purpose, please.

~Psihala
(*And you're both getting too darned big for that anyway...)

Lainie 12 March 2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arriah (Post 1602330)
We just got Kita a https://anxietywrap.com/default.aspx...fsqaqgodiwijxg She acted like she was suddenly a hunchback (pretty funny for a dane) but calmed down pretty fast. It's not as warm as the thundershirt but it does have better ratings on amazon. Might be worth a try for yours.

Rin's a cat.* Frankly I was skeptical of claims that the Thundershirt would work for a cat, and I'm not convinced the Anxiety Wrap would, either, but we might try it.

*She did learn her fear of severe weather from the dog, though. Around age 9 or 10 the dog started being scared of it, and about a year later Rin was, too. By the time we had to put the dog down earlier this year, Rin was actually the more scared of the two. Crazy torties.

DevilBunny 12 March 2012 09:41 PM

My dearest Cirrus, Sirocco and Chloe:

I fed you already. I was there, I saw me do it. So the big starving eyes act is going nowhere.

Horse Chestnut 13 March 2012 12:10 AM

^ Anxiety Jar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainie (Post 1602728)
Rin's a cat.* Frankly I was skeptical of claims that the Thundershirt would work for a cat, and I'm not convinced the Anxiety Wrap would, either, but we might try it.

*She did learn her fear of severe weather from the dog, though. Around age 9 or 10 the dog started being scared of it, and about a year later Rin was, too. By the time we had to put the dog down earlier this year, Rin was actually the more scared of the two. Crazy torties.

My dog used to hide in the basement during the 4th of July holiday, but my Tortie bobtail (which is a double dose of crazy) would sit on the picnic table and watch the whole Red, White and Boom show from our backyard.

Honestly, I think whichever behavior will get them the most attention, that's what they will go for (freakin lil masters of manipulation, razzen-frazzen...).

Horse Chestnut 13 March 2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kit_n_caboodle (Post 1602224)
Pablo: You hate being brushed. I realize that you get zapped because your fur is so thick. Stop acting like I'm trying to kill you.

Try a dryer sheet, and see if that will cut down on the zapping.

(By that I mean, rub the sheet in the dog's fur. DO NOT put the dog in the dryer.) http://message.snopes.com/images/icons/icon218.gif

kit_n_caboodle 13 March 2012 01:19 AM

Horse Chestnut, I have considered trying a dryer sheet, but Pablo is a cat, and I am afraid that his grooming himself would mean him ingesting the dryer sheet chemicals.

And, he has never show any interest in getting in the dryer. :lol:

Morning 13 March 2012 04:03 AM

kit_n_caboodle, when I was a teenager, my mother and I accidentally tumble dried a cat for about 10 seconds. She was ok, my mother and I needed bandaids after opening the dryer door.

Dearest cattle,

My breakfast. My lunch. My dinner. MINE. Not yours. You have food. Your food costs as much if not more than mine. EAT YOUR FOOD. I promise, I will let you have whatever is left, but get out of my plate until then!!!

Morning
tried to have turkey sandwich all to herself and failed.

Kitsune27 13 March 2012 06:32 AM

Dearest Gingham Cat-Pants Squeaker Peeps McGee,
Is it really necessary to stick your foot in my ear while you clean your back?

gopher 14 March 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morning (Post 1602888)
kit_n_caboodle

Dearest cattle,

My breakfast. My lunch. My dinner. MINE. Not yours. You have food. Your food costs as much if not more than mine. EAT YOUR FOOD. I promise, I will let you have whatever is left, but get out of my plate until then!!!

Morning
tried to have turkey sandwich all to herself and failed.

Well if you are going to have a pet longhorn what do you expect?:)

Enchanting_eyes 14 March 2012 10:17 PM

Martini and Bailey,

This is my couch, I brought this couch and therefore I do not like it when I cannot use the footrest on my couch because it's occupied by animals, please stop trying to take over my couch.

- The person who feeds you two.

geminilee 14 March 2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanting_eyes (Post 1603740)
This is my couch, [ snip]

Keep telling yourself that. :lol:

Jasper, I know I have had some rough days. But you really don't have to start shaking like a hurricane is coming just because I am irritable. I haven't yelled at you, and I won't.

Also, it is very difficult to play a board game when you insist on laying on the board.

Morning 14 March 2012 11:07 PM

Well, Gopher, they may not be bovine, but they certainly can sound like a thundering herd!

Cattle is my affectionate plural for the felines in residence. Or sometimes not so affectionate when yelled and with a mild oath attached. :)

Morning
has chattel and assigns that meow.

JoeBentley 14 March 2012 11:33 PM

Bailey when you're play-swatting at my hand and get a claw stuck in my flesh, which is the proper response?

A) Sit calmly, relax, withdraw your claw slowly.
B) Panic, yowl, and repeatedly and rapidly jerk your claw back and and forth again and again and then give me a dirty look as if I did something.

geminilee 15 March 2012 12:05 AM

I am sorry Joe, I know that must have hurt, but I can't help laughing at the image.

Gayle 15 March 2012 05:01 AM

Joe, while common sense says A, cat experience says BBBBBBBB & some moreB.

Arriah 16 March 2012 05:42 AM

My cat did that to my uncle's face when I was a kid once. I tried to hand him the cat and she paniced and snagged his lip with a claw. Neither cat nor uncle were happy with the result.

Kita-We are worried about your weight. Apparently peanut butter is the way to stimulate your appatite. I think eating your 3 scoops of food with pb and then Calvin's 2 scoops without pb might be a bit overkill though. You shouldn't gain the 10-20 pounds you need overnight. Stealing DD2s pizza was definitely overkill.

Calvin-If you insist on ignoring your food for a half hour after we feed you, don't be suprised if there's nothing left for you because your friend is inexplicably hungry. Eat when I put the food down.

Chuck-Pleas keep up the habit of putting sticks in your tent. Watching you climb up the side of your cage with the stick in your mouth is hilarious and we need the comic relief.

*Kita & Calvin-the dane and half dane, Chuck is the fattest chinchilla I've ever seen but I think he's getting better.

Zorro 17 March 2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBentley (Post 1601249)
Oh you are not kidding. We thought Martini could drop stinkbombs but Bailey's smell like a skunk get a perm in the septic tank of a slaughterhouse.

Yep, hubby and I both agree this pretty accurately describes Zeus' farts. Speaking of...

Zeus- how does it feel, sleeping on the bare floor? Oh, well, at least you're getting exercise pacing around, looking forlornly for your doggie bed.