snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   We've Got Mail (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Reading is hard! (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=18599)

snopes 15 October 2007 09:00 PM

Reading is hard!
 
Comment: It would be very helpful and time-saving if you could indicate
in/on your "headlines" the "answer" of True or False; e.g., Title >
Response, then provide verbal dialogue for our enlightenment.

I would like to access the subject and immediately get your take on T/F,
and not have to click on the story and read the entire explanation. If I
want to send this report to someone, I can always copy and send. But it is
way too cumbersome and ime consuming to have to click on your response and
read its entirety to find out your answer!

snopes 21 October 2007 01:18 AM

Comment: While I do find your site very informative, I do have an issue.
My friends have stated the same issue when discussing your site.

Why do you continuously have long explanations concerning whether some is
true or not. The explanations are reduntant in content and view. It just
goes on and on. The issue should be stated; the origin and then the status
of the issue.

It's like a person having to say a 10000 words when it could be done in
50. It is a major distraction from an otherwise good site. At this point,
I have lost interest in the site due to the unncessary reading of useless
material.

JoeBentley 21 October 2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 369146)
Comment: While I do find your site very informative, I do have an issue. My friends have stated the same issue when discussing your site.

Why do you continuously have long explanations concerning whether some is true or not. The explanations are reduntant in content and view. It just
goes on and on. The issue should be stated; the origin and then the status
of the issue.

It's like a person having to say a 10000 words when it could be done in
50. It is a major distraction from an otherwise good site. At this point,
I have lost interest in the site due to the unncessary reading of useless
material.

So the color coded bullets right below the claim aren't enough of a quick summery for you?

Bassist 21 October 2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Comment: While I do find your site very informative, I do have an issue.
My friends have stated the same issue when discussing your site.

Why do you continuously have long explanations concerning whether some is
true or not. The explanations are reduntant in content and view. It just
goes on and on. The issue should be stated; the origin and then the status
of the issue.

It's like a person having to say a 10000 words when it could be done in
50. It is a major distraction from an otherwise good site. At this point,
I have lost interest in the site due to the unncessary reading of useless
material.
Okay, Snopes - just summarize your web pages into a simple "True" or "False" category to please the masses. Then get ready for the intelligensio to start requesting data and citations to support your conclusions! ;)

snopes 23 October 2007 03:04 AM

Comment: Social Security - article that describes what went on with the
Senate vote to allow illegal aliens to collect social security - Senator
Ensign's bill to table the motion....or whatever. Your explanation is SO
confusing that I could not follow it at all.

I could not understand what the senators who voted YEA were voting on.
Could you please clarify?

snopes 26 October 2007 07:55 AM

Comment: WHEN YOU LIST THE LEGENDS AS YOU DID DOWN BELOW, WHY DON'T YOU LIST THAT THEY ARE HOAXES OR REAL AFTER THE LITTLE PARAGRAPH. SAVE A LOT OF TIME AND TROUBLE ESPECIALLY WHEN A COMPUTER IS VERY SLOW. WOULD APPRECIATE THAT VERY MUCH.

Lancastrian 26 October 2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 371913)
Comment: Social Security - article that describes what went on with the
Senate vote to allow illegal aliens to collect social security - Senator
Ensign's bill to table the motion....or whatever. Your explanation is SO
confusing that I could not follow it at all.

I could not understand what the senators who voted YEA were voting on.
Could you please clarify?

Pssst: "Yea" means "Yes".

snopes 23 January 2008 07:47 AM

Comment: I'm confused and must be interpreting your article incorrectly.
Help me understand what I am doing wrong. In the article about Obama's
being a radical Muslim who will not say the Pledge of Allegiance is marked
by a bullet meaning false. But within the article itself it says that
O'bama is a dangerous Muslim who used the Quaran during his swearing in
and also turned his back on the flag. Obviously, the false bullet and the
article itself do not agree. What am I doing wrong when interpreting the
information. This is my first time using Snopes.

queen of the caramels 23 January 2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 482551)
. But within the article itself it says that
O'bama is a dangerous Muslim who used the Quaran during his swearing in
and also turned his back on the flag.

Ah, yes, it's the Irish side of Obama's family coming out.

snopes 30 March 2008 08:31 PM

Comment: I just love your site and use it all the time and have passed
snoops on to all my friends. If there was any one thing that could improve
it it would be putting the true/false/possible first thing in the answer.
Most of the time I read the biggest share of the answer, but there are
times in this fast paced world I just don't have time to read a full
lenghtly artical to find the answer.

Canuckistan 30 March 2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 561928)
Comment: I just love your site and use it all the time and have passed snoops on to all my friends.

Sounds fun. If illiterate.

lord_feldon 30 March 2008 11:01 PM

Maybe snoops is some kind of disease.

Wild Redhead 30 March 2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lord_feldon (Post 562061)
Maybe snoops is some kind of disease.

Is there a vaccine available to prevent a spread of snoops?

lord_feldon 30 March 2008 11:45 PM

There might be, but it's bad because it promotes whatever activity that causes snoops to spread. The best way to not spread snoops is to not engage in snoops-spreading activities, ever.

RivkahChaya 31 March 2008 12:19 AM

Like reading.

snopes 03 April 2008 12:47 AM

Comment: I looked up Gas Buying Tips and in fact it is listed in your
archives.
Is this a rumor or is it actually true? Thanks

snopes 16 April 2008 07:33 PM

Comment: Why do you consider Reagan's diary entry as false?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kinsley.asp

snopes 10 May 2008 07:44 PM

Comment: Could you put a
one or two sentence summary on the top of each article? Sometimes its
hard to distinguish what you say is true and what rumor emails say is
true. I know its important to read the whole article, but it would be
good to start reading it in the right mindset.

snopes 30 May 2008 06:57 PM

Comment: I passed on the warning regarding the "POSTCARD" virus after
reading your verification of it. It was pointed out to me that I should
have read the bottom of the story. As a busy person, I only read the top
few paragraphs. I think it would be helpful if there were a caveat up
front. I am sure that I am not the only one to read a sentence or two and
move on. I appreciate the service you provide, I just think this may be an
improvement.

Eve MG 30 May 2008 07:15 PM

I have this problem occasionally, I get emails that say, "This was verified as TRUE on snopes!" Then I go *actually read* the snopes page and find out that while the main idea might be true, the advice in the email isn't good/accurate. Like the petition for the boy who wants to start a Firefighters' Day - it's true, but it's been updated.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.