snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   Amusement Bark (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cards Against Humanity buys land on Mexican border to stump Trump's wall plan (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=96207)

E. Q. Taft 15 November 2017 09:41 PM

Cards Against Humanity buys land on Mexican border to stump Trump's wall plan
 
Cards Against Humanity, an irreverent card game company known for its attention-seeking pranks, says it bought land on the U.S.-Mexico border to block President Trump from building his wall.

"Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans," said Cards Against Humanity on its web site. "He is so afraid that he wants to build a twenty-billion dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing. So we've purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built."

On Wednesday morning, just a few hours after the launching the program on Tuesday, Cards Against Humanity said it was sold out.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/us/car...rnd/index.html

Tootsie Plunkette 15 November 2017 10:44 PM

I got mine. Well, I paid for mine.

Alarm 16 November 2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootsie Plunkette (Post 1964365)
I got mine. Well, I paid for mine.

You should ask them to plant some tiger lilies on your spot. The color would match Trump's hair and serve as a lovely reminder of why you spent the money.

From time to time, they could harvest some and send you a bouquet.
:lol:

freethinker 16 November 2017 02:25 PM

Couldn't the government still buy the land through eminent domain?

Seaboe Muffinchucker 16 November 2017 03:33 PM

As if it would do anything to block the wall. There's this little thing called eminent domain, you see...

Seaboe

iskinner 16 November 2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker (Post 1964420)
As if it would do anything to block the wall. There's this little thing called eminent domain, you see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by https://www.cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com/
...retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built.

Seems like they might have thought of that.

GenYus234 16 November 2017 04:35 PM

The lawyer specializing in eminent domain is the key to the whole plan. The purchase of land was done just to give them standing in court.

Esprise Me 16 November 2017 07:27 PM

It sounds like their thinking isn't "Hey if we buy this land they'll be totally stuck!" but rather "hey if we buy this land and retain a law firm that knows what to do we can tie them up in court for years and make the process a complete nightmare!" I don't know much about eminent domain law, but I know there are a couple of defenses, maybe not enough for a homeowner to save their beloved home but probably enough for a well-funded group looking to become a thorn in Trump's side as he tries to move forward. (Is he even trying? I'm not super up to date on his antics; I kind of thought that was starting to look like an empty campaign promise with only token efforts made toward it. I could be wrong.)

GenYus234 16 November 2017 07:53 PM

Eight different design samples of wall have been built outside San Diego for study and practicality.

Also, in case the original wall wasn't expensive enough, the current plan is for two walls, separated by a 150 foot <s>death strip</s> detection zone.

E. Q. Taft 16 November 2017 08:27 PM

What, they haven't called for land mines yet?

UEL 16 November 2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYus234 (Post 1964475)
Also, in case the original wall wasn't expensive enough, the current plan is for two walls, separated by a 150 foot <s>death strip</s> detection zone.

Jeepers. That is more than Israel has along the boundary with Lebanon or separating Syrian and Israeli Golan Heights.

That wall is intended to stop an army? Kim Jong Un operating out of Tijuana?

dfresh 16 November 2017 08:49 PM

That is Phase II, E.Q., after they realize that the wall is not doing much at all except stopping the wildlife from migrating.

GenYus234 16 November 2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEL (Post 1964481)
That wall is intended to stop an army? Kim Jong Un operating out of Tijuana?

An army of rapists and murderers (some might be good people, which means they are worse than Neo-Nazis as Trump is certain Neo-Nazis have good people).

Don Enrico 17 November 2017 06:42 AM

https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newsc...ux-600-480.jpg

I would go with number 7. Not only is it see-through (and can maybe even admitt small migrating critters), it also has the round top that will give everybody good memories when the time comes to tear down the wall...

http://zoom-berlin.de/wordpress/wp-c.../06/specht.jpg

crocoduck_hunter 17 November 2017 06:51 AM

Small animals (at least the ones that doen't fly) tend to be non-migratory. The wall is going to have the worst effect on large mammals like jaguars and peccaries.

Sooeygun 17 November 2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter (Post 1964537)
Small animals (at least the ones that doen't fly) tend to be non-migratory. The wall is going to have the worst effect on large mammals like jaguars and peccaries.

No worries. Don Jr will look after those.

GenYus234 17 November 2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Enrico (Post 1964536)
I would go with number 7. Not only is it see-through (and can maybe even admitt small migrating critters), it also has the round top that will give everybody good memories when the time comes to tear down the wall...

The bottom row is for the inner wall, you need to pick one from the top row for the outer wall.

Alarm 17 November 2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenYus234 (Post 1964557)
The bottom row is for the inner wall, you need to pick one from the top row for the outer wall.

I pick 3, because it is drabber and less inviting!

and for the inner wall, I'll go with number 5... who wants to see the backside of a drab wall? Leave that to the Mexicans!

:fish:

Mouse 18 November 2017 01:46 AM

None of those prospective wall design samples are anywhere near tacky enough to be the brainchild of Donald Trump. I'm calling BS. Maybe he wouldn't use gold leaf, like he does for everything, but there would at least be some gold spray paint and possibly rhinestones. What I'm seeing looks entirely too functional and serviceable to be a creation of Donald Trump.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.