snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   NFBSK Gone Wild! (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Introducing ... the Boobgasm! (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=95705)

ChasFink 16 May 2017 06:43 PM

Introducing ... the Boobgasm!
 
That's a blurb on the cover of the current Cosmopolitan. For the briefest moment a part of my mind said "I know what that is" before a more rational part of my mind said "oh, wait - they probably mean a female orgasm."

Seriously, though, I'm amazed that magazines can continually regurgitate the same material over and over again, just by making up clever blurbs. I took a peek, and in addition to the earth-shattering news that nipples and breasts can be erogenous zones for a lot of people, the sex article included such little-known facts as kissing during sex can be pleasurable, and prolonged stimulation prior to release can make for stronger orgasms.

crocoduck_hunter 16 May 2017 09:16 PM

There's a reason Cosmo has such a lousy rep. Though the good news is that the article doesn't sound like it's going to actually result in injuries to people, unlike this

Cervus 17 May 2017 12:02 AM

The only people I've ever known who read Cosmo are teenage girls, so that's possibly how they can keep repeating the same material: their audience grows up and abandons them every few years.

mbravo 17 May 2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter (Post 1949372)
There's a reason Cosmo has such a lousy rep. Though the good news is that the article doesn't sound like it's going to actually result in injuries to people, unlike this

I definitely remember reading the #1 item on the list back in high school.

ChasFink 17 May 2017 01:51 PM

Oh, yeah - I forgot to mention that on the cover the word "boobgasm" is in a silly font and the letters are not all lined up on the baseline, kind of like they're jiggling.

DawnStorm 18 May 2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasFink (Post 1949349)

nipples and breasts can be erogenous zones for a lot of people, the sex article included such little-known facts as kissing during sex can be pleasurable, and prolonged stimulation prior to release can make for stronger orgasms.


No! :eek: You don't say! :eek:

I hear ya! I often wonder how this month's 20 Tips For Hotter Sex is different from last month's 15 Ways to Turn Him On Tonight. :rolleyes: Their readers must have some serious dementia issues.

ETA: During last summer's Olympics, one of Cosmo's articles said something like: Sex from around the world! Giving new meaning to global warming. Some darn thing.

ChasFink 19 May 2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnStorm (Post 1949559)
No! :eek: You don't say! :eek:

I hear ya! I often wonder how this month's 20 Tips For Hotter Sex is different from last month's 15 Ways to Turn Him On Tonight.

Well, for one thing, the list in the former is five items longer! They must be the five hotter things that don't deal with turning him on - at least tonight.

I don't mean to pick on Cosmo, or even on sex articles generally. Had this not been a NFBSK topic, I would have posted it elsewhere. Many newsstand magazines do stuff like this. It's a manifestation of all media's need to present things that seem original, but include a great deal of familiar/comfortable content. (I used to teach media literacy; I know whence I speak.) I'm just surprised it keeps on working.

damian 24 May 2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasFink (Post 1949419)
Oh, yeah - I forgot to mention that on the cover the word "boobgasm" is in a silly font and the letters are not all lined up on the baseline, kind of like they're jiggling.

Did they print it like "BOOBGASM"?

ChasFink 24 May 2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damian (Post 1949917)
Did they print it like "BOOBGASM"?

More jiggly, like BoOBGASM - except not all on the line.

Your way would definitely have meant the way I first understood it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.