snopes.com

snopes.com (http://message.snopes.com/index.php)
-   We've Got Mail (http://message.snopes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Useless, useless (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=560)

snopes 02 January 2007 01:25 AM

Useless, useless
 
Comment: BACK IN THE 1970'S, I VISITED THE POLICE MUSEUM IN LOWER MANHATTAN (NOW LOCATED AT 100 OLD SLIP). THEY HAD A DISPLAY OF A PENIS WHICH WAS SEVERED WHEN THAT PERSON URINATED ON RAILROAD TRACKS. WOULDN'T THAT BE SIMILAR TO A PERSON URINATING ON AN ELECTRIC FENCE?

snopes 02 January 2007 01:41 AM

Comment: NEED A PASSWORD TO LOG TO YOUR SITE...

Bramble Silvertree 02 January 2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 4180)
Comment: NEED A PASSWORD TO LOG TO YOUR SITE...

No thanks, I already got one.

snopes 04 January 2007 03:29 AM

Comment: why in the world did you change your web site. It is now extremely difficult to navigate! You used to be able to just click on the category and search for the item you were looking...now you have to dig through postings from other people. What a horrible idea....Why...why....why?

Zamboni_Rodeo 04 January 2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 4162)
Comment: BACK IN THE 1970'S, I VISITED THE POLICE MUSEUM IN LOWER MANHATTAN (NOW LOCATED AT 100 OLD SLIP). THEY HAD A DISPLAY OF A PENIS WHICH WAS SEVERED WHEN THAT PERSON URINATED ON RAILROAD TRACKS. WOULDN'T THAT BE SIMILAR TO A PERSON URINATING ON AN ELECTRIC FENCE?

That's a good question. Why don't you try it out and get back to us?

snopes 24 January 2007 10:11 AM

Comment:
Dear webmaster

there is a spam mail sender as following

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=15730

Please dont help such and dont let to use your web page

Ieuan ab Arthur 24 January 2007 02:36 PM

O....K......
 
Hi All:

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 35650)
Comment:
Dear webmaster

there is a spam mail sender as following

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=15730

Please dont help such and dont let to use your web page

I think you've missed the point of the above thread. We of the Snopes Secret Nigerian Cabal (TM), under the leadership of Tootsie and Green Eggs, use the Nigerian Scavenger Hunt to perfect our spam writing skills. It takes a great amount of practice and work to write spam like the example above. We take pride in our art. Only after long peer review and comment on this section of the web site are we ready to send out our spam to try and take over the world.

And now, my little friend, you know too much! Beware the fish :fish:

Mwaaahaaaahaaaahaaahaaa!!!!!!!!!11111!!!ELEVNTY-1!!!!!!

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "someone missed the boat" ab Arthur

snopes 26 January 2007 02:18 AM

Comment: I have no clue as to how to use your new website, and what is this image verification crap anyway? I'm an old lady with marginal typing skills, but I did so enjoy debunking the fraudulent e-mail claims my old lady friends sent me.

snopes 03 February 2007 12:07 AM

Comment: How can I forward to you various emails I might receive, but
which I question the truthfulness of? They are usually of historical or
political context. I have tried forwarding them to you at:
www.snopes.com/ without any luck at all. What am I doing wrong? I've
heard you are a great source, but so far you are useless to me as I can't
forward anything.

snopes 05 February 2007 04:23 AM

Comment: WHY CAN'T YOUR DATA BE SENT TO OTHERS WITHOUT ASKING YOUR
PERMISSION??? WANT TIME TO FIND OUT IF YOU'RE RIGHT?
DON'T PUT STUFF ON YOUR SITE THAT YOU CAN'T BACK UP WITH FACTS !!
REAL HARD FACTS. NOT JUST YOUR SELF PFROCLAIMED MASTER INTELLIGENCE,
DISGUISED AS INFORMATION. ONLY WALMART FOR ADVERTISING? TSK TSK.

snopes 07 February 2007 09:22 AM

Comment: I sent you an email I got. I have searched your site and can
find nothing like it other than a lottery scam in 2002. I want to make
sure this is either real or not. How do I do that if you won't accept the
email?

snopes 13 February 2007 09:25 PM

Comment: I recieved an email about Obama and when I checked it against
Snoops, you say false... when in fact I do not see ANYTHING you say that
defutes it... Are we to believe Snoops or not??? Please help me
understand where you are coming from!!!

Fiver 13 February 2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 61342)
Comment: I recieved an email about Obama and when I checked it against
Snoops, you say false... when in fact I do not see ANYTHING you say that
defutes it... Are we to believe Snoops or not??? Please help me
understand where you are coming from!!!

Be assured, if it appears on Snoops, it's been either proven or defuted. You can trust Snoops from here on out.

snopes 13 February 2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Comment: I recieved an email about Obama and when I checked it against Snoops, you say false... when in fact I do not see ANYTHING you say that defutes it...
Of course it's false -- Brock Oobama himself renied it.

- snopes

snopes 13 February 2007 10:57 PM

Comment: Billy Graham shocked the 16,300 in attendance at the
Celebration of Hope crusade in New Orleans Arena on Sunday Night.

If the 'Rumor' had dated the article, then I would have checked with
SNOPES, but it seemed 'REAL'! How much 'stuff' is real on the web? How do
you find out it is false! Is the rest of the article correct, just not the
'walk to Bourbon Street' and the mass witnessing?

snopes 14 February 2007 04:02 AM

Comment: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/mailserver.asp
Your articles always say the stories & rumors are TRUE or FALSE.
But, the above sight says this is REAL.
I would like to know if you have changed the way you label the stories or
if this particular article is contrived in a way to dupe everyone.

snopes 16 February 2007 05:07 AM

Comment: I was looking at your article on Citgo/boycott/buycott. So it it
true or an urban legend? how do you tell if something is factual or not?

Ieuan ab Arthur 16 February 2007 05:26 PM

Brain Food
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 64938)
how do you tell if something is factual or not?

Uh, use your brain?

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "I think, therefore I am (I think)" ab Arthur

diddy 16 February 2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ieuan ab Arthur (Post 65450)
Uh, use your brain?

If it were only that easy. Perhaps we are asking too much of them?

Mor9an 16 February 2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes (Post 38595)
Comment: I have no clue as to how to use your new website, and what is this image verification crap anyway? I'm an old lady with marginal typing skills, but I did so enjoy debunking the fraudulent e-mail claims my old lady friends sent me.

Mom?! Is that you?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.